There are a lot of positive items to report on this week. First and foremost, I would like to wish all the Dads out there a very Happy Father’s Day this weekend. While it may be different than those in the past, I hope everyone has an opportunity to spend it with their loved ones, while maintaining the guidelines for social distancing.
The Brush Grinding Site Sub-Committee,
- Chaired by Councilmembers Rodriguez & Koch
- Held its first productive meeting where they:
- Reviewed the scope of the committee
- Set expectations
- Plan on meeting weekly moving forward.
- I would like to wish Mr. Ray Taylor a very happy 98th birthday. Mr. Taylor is a Veteran and every year is our honored guest speaker at Memorial Day where he also places flags at Memorial Park in remembrance of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.
- Congratulations to the RFH Class of 2020 – their graduation parade and celebration was exciting last night as our First Responders and the RFH Staff drove past every single graduate’s home in Fair Haven.
- Today, June 19th is Juneteenth – the nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States – which was 2 ½ years after President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation. This is an important day in USA’s history and we should all celebrate this momentous day.
This weekend will be the official start of Summer. As we venture into this season and as we begin to shop local – please remain vigilant in keeping everyone safe, especially our most vulnerable and continue to practice social distancing guidelines.
Have a great weekend, and again Happy Father’s Day. As always, you can find additional information on the Borough’s website or feel free to email/call me.
Mayor Ben Lucarelli
Total Current Positive COVID-19 Cases in Fair Haven: 4
Visit www.fairhavennj.org for updated information.