2021 BRUSH AND LEAF PICK-UP SCHEDULE
Why the need….
· The Borough’s Brush and Leaf Collection process is designed to reduce the amount of debris that ends up in our storm water system (Storm drains, and ultimately the river), and it optimizes the use of our limited DPW resources.
· Brush (tree limbs, less than 3 inches in diameter, no longer than 4 feet in length) and Leaves (free of debris and large branches) are all handled very differently and in the most cost effective manner. Please place brush and leaves in SEPARATE PILES at least 10’ from storm drains. If piles are not separated properly, they WILL NOT be picked up.
· Grass clippings are to remain on the grass and NEVER placed in the street.
· Based on a recent survey of residents conducted by the Brush Committee, it was determined that residents want the Borough to more rigorously enforce these policies. Please help us by following the posted Brush and Leaf schedule and be advised that the Borough Code Enforcement office will be checking for compliance.
· Residents are asked to inform your landscapers of the Borough’s Leaf and Brush Collection schedule which is clearly laid out in the Borough Calendar and on our website.
Please help keep our waterways clean and our Borough looking its BEST!
Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Borough offices.
Thank you in advance for your support and for your anticipated cooperation.
IN ADDITION, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PARKING VEHICLES ON FH STREETS, NEAR BRUSH PILES, IN ORDER FOR DPW CREWS ACCESS TO THE PILES.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT
The Department of Public Works consists of 8 full-time employees, which include the Supervisor, Foreman, Mechanic, and Laborers. Responsibilities include maintenance of buildings and grounds, municipal roads; trash, recycling, brush, and leaf collection; snow removal; and Borough vehicles maintenance.
Recycling Center: Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m to dusk, Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to dusk, Sunday: Closed on observed public holidays.
Please click HERE to view the
Fair Haven Municipal Calendar for detailed information
Please follow these very important guidelines:
- This option is only for residential properties
- All bulk items shall be placed behind the curb or edge of pavement and not in the street.
- Appliance disposal will require prior scheduling through the main office (732-747-0241, ext.*219). There will be a $15.00 fee for the appliance disposal sticker, which must be placed on the appliance. Refrigerator doors and large coolers must have the door or lid removed when placed at the curb.
- E-waste disposal (TV, Computers, Game Stations, etc.) will require prior scheduling through the main office (732-747-0241, ext.*219). E-Waste items must be separate from other bulk items and please place smaller e-waste items in a separate container.
- No trash bags will be accepted for bulk pick up.
- All metal items must be placed in a separate pile.
- Bulk pick up will be limited to what, in the opinion of the Director of Public Works, is a reasonable amount of bulk, not to exceed what would fit into a small pickup truck. There will be no full basement cleanouts or whole house move outs.
- No construction debris will be picked up, including: cabinets, flooring, plumbing fixtures, drywall, yard fencing or large swing sets.
- There will NOT be bulk pick up during November and December.
The following items are classed as appliances: washer, dryer, dishwasher, stove, refrigerator/freezers (doors must be removed), air conditioners, and water heaters.
There Will No Longer Be Weekly Scheduled Bulk Pick Ups
|Richard Gardella||P.E., P.P., C.M.E, Director of Engineering and Public Works / Planning Board Engineer||(732) 747-0241, ext. *215|
|Nicolas J. Poruchynsky||PE, PP, CME, Assistant Director of Engineering and Public Works||(732) 747-0241, ext. *217|
|Suzanne McCabe||Council Liaison|