The Department of Public Works consists of 8 full-time employees, which include the Supervisor, Foreman, Mechanic, and Laborers. Responsibilities include maintenance of buildings and grounds, municipal roads; trash, recycling, brush, and leaf collection; snow removal; and Borough vehicles maintenance.
Recycling Center: Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m to dusk, Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to dusk, Sunday: Closed on observed public holidays.
2020 Curbside Bulk Pick Up Schedule
BULK PICK-UP DATES WILL RESUME IN
TWO MONTHS OF ADDITIONAL BULK PICK-UP (NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER) WILL BE ADDED TO THE SCHEDULE
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING
Trash Zones 1 & 2 will be have bulk pick up on the first Monday of the month, from January through October. (2020 - Bulk Pick-Up will run through December)
Trash Zones 3 & 4 will have bulk trash pick up on the second Monday of the month, from January through October. (2020 - Bulk Pick-Up will run through December)
Please follow these very important guidelines:
- This option is only for residential properties
- All bulk items shall be placed behind the curb or edge of pavement and not in the street.
- Appliance disposal will require prior scheduling through the main office (732-747-0241, ext.*219). There will be a $15.00 fee for the appliance disposal sticker, which must be placed on the appliance. Refrigerator doors and large coolers must have the door or lid removed when placed at the curb.
- E-waste disposal (TV, Computers, Game Stations, etc.) will require prior scheduling through the main office (732-747-0241, ext.*219). E-Waste items must be separate from other bulk items and please place smaller e-waste items in a separate container.
- No trash bags will be accepted for bulk pick up.
- All metal items must be placed in a separate pile.
- Bulk pick up will be limited to what, in the opinion of the Director of Public Works, is a reasonable amount of bulk, not to exceed what would fit into a small pickup truck. There will be no full basement cleanouts or whole house move outs.
- No construction debris will be picked up, including: cabinets, flooring, plumbing fixtures, drywall, yard fencing or large swing sets.
- There will NOT be bulk pick up during November and December as our DPW crews are dedicated to extensive leaf collection
The following items are classed as appliances: washer, dryer, dishwasher, stove, refrigerator/freezers (doors must be removed), air conditioners, and water heaters.
There Will No Longer Be Weekly Scheduled Bulk Pick Ups
|Richard Gardella||P.E., P.P., C.M.E, Director of Engineering and Public Works / Planning Board Engineer||(732) 747-0241, ext. *215|
|Nicolas J. Poruchynsky||PE, PP, CME, Assistant Director of Engineering and Public Works||(732) 747-0241, ext. *217|
|Jennifer Johnson||Administrative Assistant, Engineering and Public Works||(732) 747-0241, ext. *215|
|James Banahan||Council Liaison|